Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day Quotes

HAPPY FATHER's DAY 


“It is a wise father who knows his own child.” – William Shakespeare

“By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.” – Charles Wadsworth


“To be a successful father, there’s one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don’t look at it for the first two years.” – Ernest Hemingway


“If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated, let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right.” – Bill Cosby


“Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance.” – Ruth E. Renkel


“It doesn’t matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.” – Anne Sexton


“The most important thing that a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” – Theodore M. Hesburgh


“My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” – Clarence B. Kelland


“Love and fear. Everything the father of a family says must inspire one or the other.” – Joseph Joubert


“Noble fathers have noble children.” – Euripides


“When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.” – Mark Twain


“A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.” – Knights of Pythagoras



2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! I am a new follower from twitter moms. I hope you will follow me too! Check out the giveaways while you are there! Have a great day! Heather
    www.livingonloveandcents.blogspot.com
    twitter @loveandcents

    ReplyDelete